cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE 2.4 Fewer VM licenses installed

umeshunited
Level 1
Level 1

We have deployed 2 nodes. First ( Admin(Pri) , MnT (Bac)) ,Second (Admin(Bac) , MnT(Pri)).

I am getting below mentioned email alerts from secondary node (primary (MnT) , Bac (admin)).

Alarm Name :

Fewer VM licenses installed than VM nodes deployed

Details :

Fewer VM licenses installed: Details=VM Licenses are not matching as per the size or no. of VM nodes deployed

Description :

The number of VM licenses installed is fewer than the number of VM nodes deployed.

Severity :

Warning

While checking in Administration > System > Licensing. I do not see any VM license. I am using traditional licensing.

Am I missing licensing here ? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Yes, you need to get your traditional RTU VM licenses converted. There is an email in the link below (ise-vm-license@cisco.com) that you can contact and send your Cisco SO # that the node licenses were bought on. You will be issued a new PAK with new medium VMM licenses in the amount of traditional licenses you bought.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/identity-services-engine-24/213171-ise-2-4-upgrade-alarms-fewer-vm-license.html

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Yes, you need to get your traditional RTU VM licenses converted. There is an email in the link below (ise-vm-license@cisco.com) that you can contact and send your Cisco SO # that the node licenses were bought on. You will be issued a new PAK with new medium VMM licenses in the amount of traditional licenses you bought.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/identity-services-engine-24/213171-ise-2-4-upgrade-alarms-fewer-vm-license.html
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: