Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE 2.4 with these Licenses

techie21
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,
The customer bought following licenses for migrating from ACS to ISE. We are planning for 2 node standard deployment.

Do these licensing are enough to download any VM:

L-ISE-TACACS=

L-ISE-BSE-1500=

R-ISE-VM-K9=

Most probably will be going with one of the following VMs:

• ISE-2.4.0.xxx-virtual-SNS3515-Small-200GBHD-16GBRAM-12CPU.ova

• ISE-2.4.0.xxx-virtual-SNS3515-Small-600GBHD-16GBRAM-12CPU.ova

• ISE-2.4.0.xxx-virtual-SNS3595-Medium-200GBHD-64GBRAM-16CPU.ova

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Please work with the licensing team. Contact info is under those links I sent

View solution in original post

Thanks Jason. I sent them first email on Oct. 31, second on Nov 08 and going to send them another one today, Nov 13.

I hope they will get back to me this time.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Ben Walters
Level 3
Level 3

As of 2.4 R-ISE-VM-K9= is EOL and they now use specifically sized VM licenses. Before 2.4 the VM license was good for any sized VM you wanted to use. You will also need 1 license per VM deployed. 

The new SKUs are:

R-ISE-VMS-K9=

R-ISE-VMM-K9=

R-ISE-VML-K9=

Each have their own set of specs associated with the license. More info can be found here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/security/identity-services-engine/guide_c07-656177.pdf

I'm not too sure what Cisco does in this scenario but if you contact the ISE VM licensing team they might be able to help you out deploying the license on the 2.4 code. ise-vm-license@cisco.com hopefully there is an equivalent license from the old version. 

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ben Walters's comments are correct mostly. First, please read Yuval's Partner Announcement: ISE Legacy PIDs End of Life

If the purchase of R-ISE-VM-K9= was of quantity of 1, then it entitles only one VM. Because of a legacy PID, it's Right-to-Use with no PAK.

One of the FAQ in the Ordering Guide shows,

Q. We purchased VM previously and it had no PAK or license key associated. We are planning to upgrade to 2.4 now. What do I need?

A. Upon upgrade to 2.4, you would be prompted to install VM licenses keys. But if you purchased ISE VM previously with no PAK or license key associated, please reach out to ise-vm-license@cisco.com with the Sales Order (SO) number reflecting the VM purchases.
Note: 2.4 only provides license warning for the VM licenses. The ISE deployment continues to operate without disruption.

Thus, the customer may start downloading, installing and using ISE 2.4 while acquiring VM license keys as shown above.

My customer bought 2. I don't see any PAK associated though.

Product ID (SKU)

Description

Qty

Carton/Cust Ref Line Notes

R-ISE-VM-K9=

Cisco Identity Services Engine VM (eDelivery)

Unit of Measure is EACH and UNIT

I can't access Partner Announcement: ISE Legacy PIDs End of Life.

Please work with the licensing team. Contact info is under those links I sent

Thanks Jason. I did send them an email yesterday at ise-vm-license@cisco.com, waiting for their reply.

Still waiting for the reply from  ise-vm-license@cisco.com

This forum is for technical questions. If you are needing license support to please out to sales and Product management teams and ask them to validate and push along. Perhaps try sending another email?

Thanks Jason. I sent them first email on Oct. 31, second on Nov 08 and going to send them another one today, Nov 13.

I hope they will get back to me this time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: