Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE 2.6 hostname visibility

jmoliner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi all:

One of my customers is using Cisco ISE 2.6, but it doesn't  show the hostname under context visibility endpoint dashboard.

He already have just BASE license.

AS soon as you  hover the mouse upon "hostname"  in the dashboard this message appears:

"License is out of compliance"

Hostname in this case is blured.

I have checked this dashboard in dcloud,  and the message is:

"Hostname of the endpoint. Available only if profiler policy uses NMAP"

Question:

Which license customer has to acquire in order to have access to the hostname? PLUS because of the profiling? APEX because of the posture? I read some different answers in old posts but now clear at all.

Thanks in advance.

Jesús Molinero

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hostname is updated only using DHCP, NMAP and AD probes. For profiling to work, you need to add Plus license on ISE. I tested this in LAB and removing the plus license started showing the above issue.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If profiling results are being used in an Authorization policy then Plus licenses are required. the ability to profile should be available in a Base license though.

Do they have a permanent Base license installed or are they potentially using a trial license that has expired?

Hostname is updated only using DHCP, NMAP and AD probes. For profiling to work, you need to add Plus license on ISE. I tested this in LAB and removing the plus license started showing the above issue.

Thanks Poonam.

It’s already installed and he became from a trial.

Thanks for your answer.