cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE 3.0 Sizing

x00008037
Level 1
Level 1

If combining 2 ISE Personas on one VM or on one Appliance do i have to scale the VM up to accommodate.

Example one admin node as a 3655 is spec (96GB + 600GB HD) but if i combine ADM+MNT+PXG do i need to scale up this node to cater for the extra persona's?

Or is the Cpu and Memory ok and just need to scale up the HD ? 

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The minimum reccomendation for disk space on a node that shares the Admin and Monitoring persona is 600 GB, this applies for a standalone node hosting pan/mnt/psn/pxg all on one too.

So as long as 600GB gives you the Radius/Tacacs log retention you're after then you'll be fine. 

View solution in original post

Hi @x00008037 ,

beyond what @Damien Miller said ... please take a look at: ISE Guide Release 3.0, search for Table 5. Recommended Disk Space for Virtual Machines.

DiskVM.png

Hope this helps !!!

Similar but not exact. If you have a standalone PSN or PXGrid node then you can use a 300 GB disk. 

8 Replies 8

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The minimum reccomendation for disk space on a node that shares the Admin and Monitoring persona is 600 GB, this applies for a standalone node hosting pan/mnt/psn/pxg all on one too.

So as long as 600GB gives you the Radius/Tacacs log retention you're after then you'll be fine. 

I guess its just interesting that a Personna on its own node needs full spec. But when you combine PAN+MNT the spec is the same as just having the PAN on its own.

Similar but not exact. If you have a standalone PSN or PXGrid node then you can use a 300 GB disk. 

Hi @x00008037 ,

beyond what @Damien Miller said ... please take a look at: ISE Guide Release 3.0, search for Table 5. Recommended Disk Space for Virtual Machines.

DiskVM.png

Hope this helps !!!

zulfi4488
Level 1
Level 1

For a Medium Model of VMware Virtualized ISE 3.1, can someone tell me the CPU, RAM, Storage, and Network requirements? Its very confusing

zulfi4488
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to see the system sizing information for medium and large models. Specifically, server CPU/core count and speed, memory/RAM, and storage/Disk amount for each deployment model.

THis information is all over

Hi @zulfi4488 ,

beyond the Performance and Scalability Guide for Cisco Identity Services Engine link (already said by @ahollifield ) you must:

• know the Maximum Concurrent Active Sessions (for your Medium and/or Large Deployment)
  • check Table 3 and Table 4 (Maximum Concurrent Active Sessions info)
  • check Table 11 and Table 12 (Hardware info)

Hope this helps !!!