Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE Backup

rakeshvelagala
Level 3
Level 3

Hi All

When I take a backup of primary, just the application backup, it is more than 10GB.

Is that normal. I noticed there are no purge settings configured. But since this is just application backup, the monitoring logs should be considered under this right?

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is the current version of ISE software you are using. Are these backups for Admin or MnT nodes.  Did you ever turn on the debugs logs while troublehsooting an issue? Anyway, the backup size is pretty large, should be an issue with the huge log files? There is also a manual option to purge from the CLI using "application configure ise".

Regards,

Jatin Katyal

*Do rate helpful posts*

~Jatin

Hi

We are running 1.0.4

ise/admin# application configure ise
 Selection ISE configuration option
 [1]Reset Active Directory settings to defaults
 [2]Display Active Directory settings
 [3]Configure Active Directory settings
 [4]Restart/Apply Active Directory settings
 [5]Clear Active Directory Trusts Cache and restart/apply Active Directory settings
 [6]Exit

Can please advise which to choose

Thanks

Regards

For Backup using cli

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/1-2/cli_ref_guide/ise_cli/ise_cli_app_a.html#pgfId-1027894

rakeshvelagala
Level 3
Level 3

Hi All,

The backup of 16gb is ok it seems.  I checked wih Cisco TAC. I will post soon how to reduce the size!

Regards

Salutations, 

I just wanted to add in here that on the older versions of ISE, the backups are massive.  Ours were right around 7 to 8 GB.  Once we updated to 1.2, the backups are much more reasonable at 300 to 400 MB.    They greatly improved the backup process in the newer versions.

Correct, mine were 7 to 8GB as well on the first ise version. Now with 1.2 it is only 240MB.