Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE CLI password reset

vsurresh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, all.

Could somebody please explain the best way to reset the the CLI password for SNS-3515 appliance running ISE 2.7?

We've CIMC access but it decided to stop working now. (I can ping but GUI/SSH doesn't work) That leaves me with only option which is via bootable USB. I found this guide but quite confused with the exact steps needed.  steps. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/identity-services-engine/200568-ISE-Password-Recovery-Mechanisms.html

Has anybody done this before? If so, what is the best way to reset it?

Thanks in advance. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @vsurresh ,

if I am not mistake, F6 is the keyboard break for that ... please take a look at: Configure CIMC and Install ESXi on BE6K/7K in Case of Catastrophic Failure.

Hope this helps !!!

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

yes that is right approach for password reset. (using Physical acces to kit)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks. 

Step 3. Restart SNS-35XX appliance and go to the BIOS mode on console

Step 4. In the BIOS mode, choose boot from USB.

Any idea how can I force the ISE to boot to the BIOS? Is there a keyboard break I should send?

Thanks

is this appliance right ? not VM?

BB

Yes, appliance. 

Password recovery using CIMC

Step 9. Enter F6 to bring up the boot menu. A similar screen appears as shown in this image.

Clear steps :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/identity-services-engine/200568-ISE-Password-Recovery-Mechanisms.html

You can use USB, if not you can use KVM and mount your Local device ISO image to boot.

BB

Hi @vsurresh ,

if I am not mistake, F6 is the keyboard break for that ... please take a look at: Configure CIMC and Install ESXi on BE6K/7K in Case of Catastrophic Failure.

Hope this helps !!!