Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE Guest Portal redireciton not working

jhougen
Level 1
Level 1

Hey there,

I'm on ISE version 3.0.0.458 and virtual WLC version 8.10.151.0. Here's how my authorization policy and the result is set up: 

firefox_eBLFlJ8zwj.png

firefox_fRUK89eKkA.png

The issue I'm having is I can only reach the Hotspot-Portal on my second attempt connecting to the network. On the first attempt the portal page doesn't load and I can't reach any of the allowed servers on redirect ACLs but it seems to be working when I connect to the same SSID the second time.

Hope any of you guys have some idea about what's going on here.

Thank you,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey ajc,

Thank you for showing me the details about your configuration unfortunately having the same setup did not help my situation. I ended up upgrading the vWLC from version 8.10.151.0 to 8.10.162.0 which fixed the issue.

Thank you again for your help.

Cheers!!

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are there any indications of what might be happening found in the detailed session logs? It will be difficult to pinpoint the issue without more information.
The only thing I can think of off-hand would be to ensure that your MAB AuthC Policy is configured with the Setting for 'If User not found = Continue'

Screen Shot 2022-03-01 at 5.00.01 pm.png

Hey Greg,

I have the mab auth policy configured the same as you have described:

firefox_MFRYTPVJlX.png

Here are the logged steps under both attempts:

First Attempt:

Steps

11001Received RADIUS Access-Request
 11017RADIUS created a new session
 11027Detected Host Lookup UseCase (Service-Type = Call Check (10))
 15049Evaluating Policy Group
 15008Evaluating Service Selection Policy
 15048Queried PIP - Normalised Radius.RadiusFlowType
 15048Queried PIP - Radius.Called-Station-ID
 15041Evaluating Identity Policy
 15013Selected Identity Source - Internal Endpoints
 24209Looking up Endpoint in Internal Endpoints IDStore - E6:7D:4E:46:2D:63
 24217The host is not found in the internal endpoints identity store
 22056Subject not found in the applicable identity store(s)
 22058The advanced option that is configured for an unknown user is used
 22060The 'Continue' advanced option is configured in case of a failed authentication request
 24715ISE has not confirmed locally previous successful machine authentication for user in Active Directory
 15036Evaluating Authorization Policy
 24217The host is not found in the internal endpoints identity store
 15048Queried PIP - Network Access.UserIdentity
 15048Queried PIP - Network Access.UserName
 15048Queried PIP - IdentityGroup.Name
 15016Selected Authorization Profile - Guest-Wireless-Redirect
 11002Returned RADIUS Access-Accept

 Second attempt:

Steps

11001Received RADIUS Access-Request
 11017RADIUS created a new session
 11027Detected Host Lookup UseCase (Service-Type = Call Check (10))
 15049Evaluating Policy Group
 15008Evaluating Service Selection Policy
 15048Queried PIP - Normalised Radius.RadiusFlowType
 15048Queried PIP - Radius.Called-Station-ID
 15041Evaluating Identity Policy
 15013Selected Identity Source - Internal Endpoints
 24211Found Endpoint in Internal Endpoints IDStore
 22037Authentication Passed
 24715ISE has not confirmed locally previous successful machine authentication for user in Active Directory
 15036Evaluating Authorization Policy
 15016Selected Authorization Profile - Guest-Wireless-Redirect
 11002Returned RADIUS Access-Accept

ajc
Level 7
Level 7

Do you have NAC enabled on the WLC and AAA override?, the ACL name on ISE must have the same name as the one on the WLC. Are you using capwap or Flexconnect? If you are using load balancing like F5 for PSN's then you need SNAT. If not, then you need to have all the PSN's listed in the WLC as trusted radius servers (global config). Check you have all PSN in a cluster group.

Hey ajc,

I have NAC enabled and AAA override is checked is checked on WLC. The have re-checked the ACL name on the both sides. I know the redirect ACL but only on second attempt. I'm not using load balancing and have only single ISE node which is listed as RADIUS server in WLC. AP is in flex-connect mode. Have similar configurations to this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb6uTmzsSAE&ab_channel=CiscoCommunity

thanks,

Did you check in your Authentication Allowed Protocols configuration for MAB that ALLOW PAP/ASCII in addition to Process Host Lookup are checked?. MAB requests are treated as PAP authentications by ISE (in some cases CHAP is used so I selected both for my configuration).

MAB.png

Without much information other than the logs, I guess your issue is related to this. Do no select Hotspot, use CWA, see next. I have the same setup CWA + Flexconnect on my WLC and it works for a single PSN as radius entry.

MAB1.png

Made the changes you have advised but still running into the same issue.

Just to add to this when I try connecting to the SSID with fresh MAC address the WLC logs shows this:

[*03/02/2022 22:29:42.2980] chatter: client_ip_table :: ClientIPTable:Client (92:DD:B7:A3:9F:5C) not found for webauth

On the second attempt when the portal redirection works,It says this:

[*03/02/2022 22:30:23.5450] chatter: client_ip_table :: ClientIPTable no client entry found, dropping packet 92:DD:B7:A3:9F:5C

Let me provide you a sequence of screenshots with the working configuration I have. Checked DNS entries for the Guest Portal as well.

ISE AUTHENTICATION CONFIG UAT PIC 3.pngISE AUTHENTICATION CONFIG UAT PIC 2.pngISE AUTHENTICATION CONFIG UAT PIC 1.png

another picture I forgot,

ISE AUTHENTICATION CONFIG UAT PIC 4.png

Hey ajc,

Thank you for showing me the details about your configuration unfortunately having the same setup did not help my situation. I ended up upgrading the vWLC from version 8.10.151.0 to 8.10.162.0 which fixed the issue.

Thank you again for your help.

Cheers!!