cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE is dead

f.donninelli
Level 1
Level 1

I installed Cisco ISE (1.0.4.573) in a VM to do a demo for a customer.

Today I was not able to login to Cisco ISE using web interface. Then I tried with SSH, and receveid this message:

% Error: Unable to launch ADE-OS shell. Disk full.

This is Bug CSCts57010. No workaround is present in the bug notes.

So I rebooted the VM and now the appliance does not boot anymore. I can see some messages on the console, but then the system reboot, and now is in an infinite reboot loop.

I can mount the disk on another VM, and try to solve the problem. But I don't know exactly what to delete. I can't open a TAC case as this is a demo license, so there is no maintanance contract yet.

Someone else got this problem and have it fixed?

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

don.click1
Level 4
Level 4

Do you have a backup of your rules/ policies? The server does not take long to rebuild. It's the policies and configs you'll take time with.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Same symptoms still show up in version 1.1.4.218 patch 2 ...... (even when ise is installed on a 2 TB disk)

The appliance still boots, but access is not possible possible anymore, not via the gui (application not running, I guess) and not via console (unable to launch ADE-OS shell. Disk full.)

Naveen Kumar
Level 4
Level 4

you may be probably hitting one of these two defects.

CSCuj52520 or

CSCuj97832.

There are workarounds for these two defects and initially we need to know if it is the problem due to Admin user previleges corruption or issue with MNT DB growing in size and occupying the entire tablespace.

I suspect this could be a Admin privilege corruption and can be fixed with Rescue ISO image.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: