Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco ise licensing order

omidkatouzian
Level 1
Level 1

I have some question

1. is it possible to install Cisco ISE software on physical HP server machine (without VMware solution or without using cisco appliance SNS-3415-k9)?

2. for 2500 online users, I will order L-ISE-BSE-2550, L-ISE-PLS-S-2500, and L-ISE-APX-S-2500 for base, plus, and apex licensing. My question is for implementing HA (primary and secondary) do i need 2 licenses for each? (2*L-ISE-BSE-2550, 2* L-ISE-PLS-S-2500, and 2* L-ISE-APX-S-2500)

or just one license for each is enough?

3. If I implement Cisco ISE and HA on VMware environment, do I need 2 L-ISE-VM-K9 licenses for each VM machines? and also do I need 2 licenses for each of base, plus, and apex?

4. what is Cisco Smart net and Cisco SASU? is necessary to purchase these for support and ticketing system?

5 . what is cisco anyconnect license (L-AC-APX-1YR-G) ?

thnx in adv.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

You can install ISE on an HP server ONLY if you use virtualization software (VMware or KVM).

The ISE Installation Guide lays out the three options:

1. Cisco SNS hardware appliance

2. VMware virtual machine

3. Linux KVM.

The AnyConnect license is required for entitlement with the Apex features. It is not installed on the ISE server however.

View solution in original post

Prices for eDelivery (product SKU R-ISE-VM-K9) and non-eDelivery (ISE-VM-K9) are the same.

The support contract for ISE including upgrade entitlement is tied to the individual appliances (hardware or VM), not the Base or term licenses.

So when you bu the "CON-SAU-ISE-VM" (SW APP SUPP + UPGR Cisco Identity Services Engine Virtual Machine), for example, that includes support for any and all license tiers and features - Base, Plus, Apex, TACACS, etc.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Gagandeep Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

> Don't think supported on any HP server machine.

> Cisco ISE supports licenses with two hardware IDs. You can obtain a license based on the hardware IDs of both the primary and secondary Administration nodes. You register all licenses to the Cisco ISE primary Administration node via the primary and secondary Administration node hardware ID. The primary Administration node then centrally manages all the licenses that are registered for your deployment.

> A Base license is required to install the Plus and Apex license. So base count should be equal to atleast sum of Apex and plus.

For Licensing reference below doc

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/1-4/admin_guide/b_ise_admin_guide_14/b_ise_admin_guide_14_chapter_0111.html

Smartnet is something related to Direct access 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to specialized experts in the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC).

Reference SASU.

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/services/ps2827/ps2993/services_at_a_glance_sas_sasu.pdf

> Cisco AC connect license for 1 year.

One AnyConnect Apex user license is consumed by each user who uses AnyConnect regardless of the number of devices that the user owns and whether or not the user has an active connection to the network.

Regards

Gagan

PS : rate if it helps!!!

For not deploying cisco ISE on HP server machine do you have any references? I need to know is this possible or not ?

So I need 2 appliances (SNS-3415-K9), 1 base (L-ISE-BSE-2500) License, 1 plus License, and 1 apex license for 2 appliances.

if I use cisco anyconnect i should deploy L-AC-APX-1YR-G.

And one Cisco SASU for supporting .

is that correct?

Hi,

Let me check for any documentation if it is possible to install ISE on HP device or not.

Feature Licenses always gets generated on Primary admin node regardless of number of nodes in deployment.

Yes as per my understanding Apex license required for Anyconnect.

SASU doesn't install on ISE.

Regards

Gagan

thank you

Hi,

As Marvin already conformed about ISE installation on HP device.

Let us know if you have any further questions. If not, rate as correct as helpful post.

Regards

Gagan

thank you gagsing3,

what is different between eDelivery methos for L-ISE-VM-K9 license and regular one? 

If I buy a ISE-PLS-1YR-2500 subscribtion license is SASU support included of not ?

To clarify, if I want to deploy a base, plus and apec license on one appliance, I will be need two base licenses( one base for plus and one base for apex), one plus, and one apex ?

according to Cisco documents :

• The endpoint consumes the Base license before it consumes a Plus and Apex license.

• The endpoint consumes the Plus license before it consumes an Apex license.
  • One Plus license is consumed per endpoint for any assortment of the license's features. Likewise, one Apex license is consumed per endpoint for any assortment of its features.

to discuss a scenario, if I have a endpoint that uses one of Apex feature, the ISE consumes three license (one base, one plus, and one apex) is this correct ?

2. If the endpoint uses 3 features of Apex, does the ISE consume three licenses (one base, one plus, and one apex)?

3. If the endpoint uses 1 feature of plus and 1 feature of apex, does the ISE consume 5 licenses (2 base, 2 plus,1 apex) ?

omidkatouzian  

Answering your two earlier questions:

1. eDelivery means you get your license PAK certificate via email. Otherwise you get a piece of paper with the exact same information.

2. You only ever buy (and use) one Base license for a given endpoint. The number of Plus and/or Apex licenses is less than or equal to the number of Base licenses. You do not need to buy additional Base licenses to add Plus and/or Apex licenses - as long as the number of Plus and/or Apex licenses meets the criteria I just mentioned.

3. A given endpoint (as defined by MAC address) only ever consumes a single Base license. If the endpoint has features from different license tiers applied (i.e. profiling or BYOD registration for Plus, posture assessment or MDM device assessment for Apex) then it will additionally consume a single Plus and/or Apex license.

The cost between the eDelivery and the paper license is considerable ? why is that price difference between these two?

The eDelivery method has a training is this training for reseller or customer ?

regards,

You can install ISE on an HP server ONLY if you use virtualization software (VMware or KVM).

The ISE Installation Guide lays out the three options:

1. Cisco SNS hardware appliance

2. VMware virtual machine

3. Linux KVM.

The AnyConnect license is required for entitlement with the Apex features. It is not installed on the ISE server however.

thank you

what is different between eDelivery methos for L-ISE-VM-K9 license and regular one? 

If I buy a ISE-PLS-1YR-2500 subscribtion license is SASU support included of not ?

Prices for eDelivery (product SKU R-ISE-VM-K9) and non-eDelivery (ISE-VM-K9) are the same.

The support contract for ISE including upgrade entitlement is tied to the individual appliances (hardware or VM), not the Base or term licenses.

So when you bu the "CON-SAU-ISE-VM" (SW APP SUPP + UPGR Cisco Identity Services Engine Virtual Machine), for example, that includes support for any and all license tiers and features - Base, Plus, Apex, TACACS, etc.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: