cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE out by 1 hour since clock went forward.

Hi,

The live logs on Cisco ISE are out by one hour. Just over a week ago, the time was correct until the clocks went forward by 1 hour.

I was expecting that the clock on ISE would update automatically. The timezone is set as UTC. I am in the GMT timezone.

ise01/user# sh timezone
UTC
ise01/user#

I was looking through Cisco community, there were a lot of concerns about changing the timezone on ISE, that it would cause the ISE to become unstable.  Is this still the case?

What timezone should I use? Will changing this cause a big issue on ISE?

Thanks

Anthony.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Assuming you're on a recent version of ISE and patched, then you are now able to change the timezone. As you found in your research, in the past this caused all sorts of problems but they have since been resolved and it is now supported. 

I would recommend taking a look at "show timezones" on the CLI since it will provide you a list of everything you can choose from, and select the correct once. Since UTC/GMT doesn't change for DST, you might have to search and find one that works for you. My first thought was maybe you're in BST right now, so UTC half the year, BST the other? So the "GB" timezone might work for you, GMT +1 for DST.

The following bug report does indicate that the functionality returned, but the warning remains. I have done this on 2.7p3 without any ill effect to the deployment. The previous guidance remains, all nodes should share the same timezone and all nodes will prompt you to do a reload once you enter the clock timezone <timezone> command. This is also integrated in ISE 3.0. 
"This functionality has been returned in ISE 2.2 patch 17, ISE 2.4 patch 11, ISE 2.6 patch 5, and ISE 2.7 patch 1 with the note below"
https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvo49755

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Assuming you're on a recent version of ISE and patched, then you are now able to change the timezone. As you found in your research, in the past this caused all sorts of problems but they have since been resolved and it is now supported. 

I would recommend taking a look at "show timezones" on the CLI since it will provide you a list of everything you can choose from, and select the correct once. Since UTC/GMT doesn't change for DST, you might have to search and find one that works for you. My first thought was maybe you're in BST right now, so UTC half the year, BST the other? So the "GB" timezone might work for you, GMT +1 for DST.

The following bug report does indicate that the functionality returned, but the warning remains. I have done this on 2.7p3 without any ill effect to the deployment. The previous guidance remains, all nodes should share the same timezone and all nodes will prompt you to do a reload once you enter the clock timezone <timezone> command. This is also integrated in ISE 3.0. 
"This functionality has been returned in ISE 2.2 patch 17, ISE 2.4 patch 11, ISE 2.6 patch 5, and ISE 2.7 patch 1 with the note below"
https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvo49755

Thanks Damien for your detailed response. I have raised a change to complete this work. I will let you know how it goes.

Hi Damien,

I change the timezone to GB-Eire.

I then reloaded the secondary ISE, waited for it to come back up and then reloaded the primary ISE.

The time is now correct and ISE is functioning as it should.

The version of ISE that I have is 2.7 Patch 2.

Thanks for all your help.

Hi Damien,

I change the timezone to GB-Eire.

I then reloaded the secondary ISE, waited for it to come back up and then reloaded the primary ISE.

The time is now correct and ISE is functioning as it should.

The version of ISE that I have is 2.7 Patch 2.

Thanks for all your help.