cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE Passwort Recovery does not work.

Kugaldi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello dear Cisco community, I have the following problem with resetting the admin for the CLI access.
I followed the instructions to reset the password (https://www.packetmischief.ca/2012/01/16/resetting-admin-password-on-a-cisco-ise-appliance/).
I have already tried several passwords and also paid attention to my keyboard layout (EN/GER). This problem has already occurred in older forum posts (like here: Cisco ISE - VM Cannot reset admin password - Cisco Community) , but no solution has been found. Does anyone else have any ideas?

System is running on a VM via Hyper-V

Thanks in advance for the help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Just to confirm, does it work for the node you booted from ISO and reset the admin password on? Each node stores this local CLI admin separate from others. So if you do it on node 1, node 2 would require the same process be followed in order to reset it's password and so on for each node in the deployment. 

The next course of action would be to open a TAC Case and they might be able to boot a recovery ISO and modify this another way. It would certainly beat reinstalling and rebuilding nodes so my next choice before doing that. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Just to confirm, does it work for the node you booted from ISO and reset the admin password on? Each node stores this local CLI admin separate from others. So if you do it on node 1, node 2 would require the same process be followed in order to reset it's password and so on for each node in the deployment. 

The next course of action would be to open a TAC Case and they might be able to boot a recovery ISO and modify this another way. It would certainly beat reinstalling and rebuilding nodes so my next choice before doing that.