cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE Portal Builder does not integrate a new LOGO in Guestportal

whirschmann
Level 1
Level 1

I want update the Logo of one our Guest-Portals. As often done I use the Cisco ISE Portal Builder

https://isepb.cisco.com

Made a copy of the old Guest-Portal and replace the Logo in that Copy.

Everything looks fine in the Cisco ISE Portal Builder and I export it.

Then I upload it with ISEPB Portal Upload & Config Tool .

Upload is fine, but when I test the Portal, no LOGO is displayed. Only a symbol

I tried it many times, with differend ISE-Nodes, for Ver. 2.4 and 2.7.

I think it is a problem in the Cisco ISE Portal Builder.

Does anyone else have the same problem?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi, I got a workaround. I hope it works for ISE 3.1 also.

It is definitivly a implemantation problem in the Cisco Portal Builder und kein browser cache issue !

I received that workaround from my Cisco SE and tried it.

Issue fixed after following below steps
Step 1: Take the portal-Zip-file that you had downloaded from Cisco ISE Portal Builder https://isepb.cisco.com

Step 2: Unzip the poral .JS file and save somewhere local.

Step 3: Then find and replace the following path "http:\/\/isepb.cisco.com\/api\/user_images" to "\/portal\/customFiles" in the .JS file and save it.

Step 5: Copy that new portal .JS file back to the portal-Zip-file and upload that to the ISE with ISEPB Portal Upload & Config Tool.

Then the broken image will displayed.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

I have not used Portal Builder for a while - mostly because after I complete and handoff a customer project, the customer cannot modify the portal - since I used PB with my own account. Perhaps the customer should use their own account - but the whole process of making small changes is painful in my opinion.

The preview might not work in ISE - have you tried this with a real client?  I have a vague memory that there were things that were not correctly rendered in the ISE preview. But in the real client, everything was fine.

If you don't have the wireless infrastructure in place, then a trick I have used in the past, was to use freeradius radtest on a Linux host to send a MAB to ISE, to cause the redirect URL to be returned. And then I opened a browser to that dynamic URL to test the guest portal. Since the portal page in the redirect is always based on a dynamic URL, you need to send a MAB request to ISE to fake a wireless client connection. I added the linux server as a RADIUS client to the same logic that processes the Wireless WLCs.

example MAB request sent to ISE from the radclient on the Linux host:

[abier@centos radius]$ echo "User-Name = '03:20:00:00:00:02',User-Password = '03:20:00:00:00:02',Calling-Station-ID='03:00:00:00:00:02',NAS-IP-Address = 192.168.21.201,NAS-Port-Type = 19,Service-Type=10"| /usr/bin/radclient -x 192.168.21.100:1812 auth radsecret

Sending Access-Request Id 253 from 0.0.0.0:42089 to 192.168.21.101:1812

User-Name = '03:20:00:00:00:02'

User-Password = '03:20:00:00:00:02'

Calling-Station-Id = '03:00:00:00:00:02'

NAS-IP-Address = 192.168.21.201

NAS-Port-Type = Wireless-802.11

Service-Type = Call-Check

Thanks for your feedback.

Unfortunately, the problem also occurs at the guest client. It isn´t only a problem with the ISE preview.

With the redirect I have no problem.
Also the authentication works.

In the meantime, I also tried a newly created portal in the Cisco ISE Portal Builder. There it looks good. But when I export and uploaded to ISE it is the same problem with the Logo.

whirschmann_0-1675248878055.png

KelvinT
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am experiencing the same issue with ISE 3.1.  What's interesting is, if you right-click on that image and open in another tab, the new tab shows the image.  So it's uploaded.
For me the background image is also missing.  It work before with a few modification.  But for whatever reason any new image do not show.  It shows the original image even if I create a new portal and upload it.

Not sure where to begin to look.

Hi, I got a workaround. I hope it works for ISE 3.1 also.

It is definitivly a implemantation problem in the Cisco Portal Builder und kein browser cache issue !

I received that workaround from my Cisco SE and tried it.

Issue fixed after following below steps
Step 1: Take the portal-Zip-file that you had downloaded from Cisco ISE Portal Builder https://isepb.cisco.com

Step 2: Unzip the poral .JS file and save somewhere local.

Step 3: Then find and replace the following path "http:\/\/isepb.cisco.com\/api\/user_images" to "\/portal\/customFiles" in the .JS file and save it.

Step 5: Copy that new portal .JS file back to the portal-Zip-file and upload that to the ISE with ISEPB Portal Upload & Config Tool.

Then the broken image will displayed.

ouch! glad you found that solution. I hope someone internal to Cisco informed the Portal Builder developers too

Hi Whirschmann,

That work successfully in my lab.  I will try it on the client's ISE and let you know.

Note to others: 

1. The file name is "portal_name_Portal_type"_script.js.  Example: If your portal name and zip file name is Kelvin and it's a Self Register Guest portal, then the .js file name will be "Kelvin_self_registered_guest_portal-script.js"
  2. There are multiple replacement.  So do replace All.

Thanks Whirschmann

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Perhaps the first user-step might be to clear the browser cache completely and restart the browser. You never know ...

if that doesn't resolve the issue, then you might need to log a TAC case. There's too much going on.

Perhaps Portal Builder needs some mods to create an export for ISE 3.1?  Perhaps there is some version dependent stuff going on.

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@whirschmann Thanks for all the info. I logged a new defect -- CSCwe27283

Hi Hslai,

Thanks for creating the log.  I see you classify it as an ISE issue.  Shouldn't it be classified as an ISEPB issue?

Also is the team working on a fix?

Thanks again

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: