Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE Posture Client Provisioning Portal

obaid.noor2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a question about the ISE Client provisioning portal for posture analysis (the portal that the client will get redirected to, if the client's posture is unknown).

In our setup we will be using Anyconnect users to authenticate via Okta iDP and use ISE for authorisation only. The authorisation will be based on the client being compliant, non-compliant and unknown.

The bit that I am not sure about is the Client Provisioning portal (default). It is already using a cert tag assigned to the Guest Users portal (which makes sense that it has to be a public certificate).

There is an authentication method listed in the client provisioning portal as well. What is the purpose of that?

All the documents that I have read, just instruct on pointing the ACL to the redirect portal. The redirect portal never asks for any credentials or does any authentication. 

Any help/direction would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Obaid

1 Reply 1

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is a feature introduced in ISE 2.3 to allow client devices to be provisioned while they are not in a network authenticated/authorized by ISE.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: