Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE Posture Updates Failing

MohammadHamad
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am facing an issue with automatically updating Posture updates with Cisco ISE version 2.1.0.474.

I get an error message saying:

Last update attempt at 2016/11/24 04:44:09 failed: Feed cannot be generated or parsed

When I manually update the Posture updates it works fine without any issues.

I searched for it in Cisco's bug search but didn't come up with any results. I have a proxy configured and have verified proxy settings correctly too.

Can anyone please direct me to a log file which I can look at for a detailed error message? Or any other troubleshooting steps to verify this?

Thanks,

6 Replies 6

MohammadHamad
Level 1
Level 1

Okay, just found a hit in Bug Search - CSCva94171

For some reason they didn't put the error message in the bug details so it didn't come up if you search by the error message.

Hi Mohammad,

This bug actually is hitting error message "Connection Timeout".

It will prompt this error whenever posture update via proxy, without proxy it wouldn't prompt the error. 

If i remember correctly, the issue was resolved by upgrading ISE patch version. It did mention the fix for this bug on release note.

Hi,

How about this

java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException:
javax.ws.rs.WebApplicationException

Client also has proxy setting configured on ISE. Is there a workaround like patch to resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Cammy

Hi Cammy,

Is your proxy or firewall doing SSL decryption?

You will need to put exceptions in for *.cisco.com and *.perfigo.com.

HTH

I will try your suggestiin

Hi Mohammad,

I just applied patch 8 for the ISE 2.1 to solve the problem "Internal error " while going for context visibility-end point" which occurred due to Bug.

Now after that posture update without proxy gives the below error.

"Remote address is not accessible. Please make sure feed url, proxy address, proxy port properly configured."

If copied the url to the browser, it works.

What is the problem?

Also after entered the proxy address and port, getting the error

"feed cannot be generated or "

Thx