Replies

Cisco ISE Posture

Drthrax
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone , 

I am deploying Cisco ISE with a lot of confusion ,

I have some questions please :

1- Do we have to have 802.1x to deploy ISE posture ? 

2- Am I obliged to create a profile and copy it to the user's PC ( usually in programdata/Cisco/ISEposture 

3- Is there a way to create ISE posture without having to do anything on the client side beside downloading Cisco anyconnect + ISE posture module ?

4- Can someone please explain the concept behind URL redirection and what alternative methods we have for posturing 

5- I see that I have no server detected while deploying can someone state what could be the reasons behind this 

I am very eager to know the answer to these questions 

thank you a lot in advance ! 

3 Replies 3

pavagupt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello

You could use ISE posture service in your network in below ways..
1. for checking compliant policies on user devices — an agent would be deployed to check for posture compliance whenever devices connects to network.
               a. If 802.1x is deployed in enterprise
               b. Easyconnect + Posture service — for open network cases.
2. for checking compliance of guest devices showing up in your network with the help of temporal agent — usually deployed on open networks/MAB.

As long as your endpoint is compatible with any connect, you could deploy Cisco anyconnect .. please follow this video series  for posture configuration Or  Posture-deployment guide. 

Once you go through above, i hope you will get a good understanding.

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

> Do we have to have 802.1x to deploy ISE posture ?

You can use it via VPN so 802.1X is not required. Ultimately, 802.1X with RADIUS is how you control the session authorization with wired and wireless.

See the ISE Posture Prescriptive Deployment Guide and YouTube Posture Configuration Video Series for answers to your other questions and many more.

Hi ,
thank you for your reply,
As I already reviewed the document , My only problem here is that I am obliged to install the PostureprofileCFG on the endpoint otherwise it will not work , I don't get how to let ISE install the profile directly on the endpoint .
P.S : I am using posture on anyconnect VPN users via ASA.
If I don't install the profile manually on the device I always get no policy server
thanks