Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO ISE Username control

hakan.celik
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there

In the workplace where I work, we get 11-digit ID numbers as "user name" in the self registration guest portal.

This means that the ones digit of the result in the sum of the first 10 digits of the desired 11 digit number will give the eleventh digit.

For example: 1234567891* In order for the ID to be correct, the 11th digit * is found according to the rule below.

1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+1=46 So 11th Digit= 6

In other words, for the 11-digit number to be correct, the desired ID must be 12345678916.

Now my question to the masters. How can I do that.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Oh now I understand. This would be possible if ISE had some custom scripting hooks for certain stages of processing but it’s not possible. Username input validation is not something we have much control over … if any. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Hi @hakan.celik 

Are you asking how to generate these usernames?  If so, then ISE won't be able to help you. You'll have to do it offline (Excel formula or python script) and then import those accounts into the ISE Sponsor Portal.

Adding the 10 digits to yield an integer result, then convert the result to a string and take the right-most digit - Even Excel can do this

excel.PNG

Hello Arne.

We do not generate these numbers. The data we want from the users is Turkey ID number. However, there is no mechanism to confirm whether the person has given the correct identification number. That's why we want to at least do a simple addition process to ensure that it does not give false identification numbers.

Oh now I understand. This would be possible if ISE had some custom scripting hooks for certain stages of processing but it’s not possible. Username input validation is not something we have much control over … if any.