cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO SNS 3415 System Status LED is Amber and server unreachable.

Hi,

Cisco ISE Server (SNS 3415) is Unreachable and i can see the Server System Status LED is Amber- Steady. As per Cisco documents. Server is running in degraded state.

I have restarted the server, but no luck.

Would like too know if there are any set procedure/step for troubleshooting.

Appreciate...if any help on the issue.

Regards

Laxmi Khajjannavar

6 Replies 6

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I would attach a  keyoard and monitor or plug Ethernet into the CIMC service port (it will use DHCP by default) and see what it tells you when booting.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5-4/installation/guide/csacs_book/csacs_hw_ins_ucs.html#pgfId-1188255

Hello Marvin,

Thanks a lot for your help.. :)

I  was about to connect the monitor and keyboard tomo....

Will keep you posted with the status.

Regards

Laxmi Khajjannavar

Hi,

I tried connecting Monitor and keyboard. When powered on the server its struck at the attached Screenshot.

Pls refer the attachment.

Regards

Laxmi Khajjannavar

Based on that error message, you can try opening the chassis and reseating the memory DIMMs. Do that in conjunction with a full cold boot (disconnect power cables completely first).

If that does not correct the error, then you most likely have a faulty motherboard and it will require a replacement chassis from Cisco.

If you have a support contract, Cisco TAC can initiate a Return Material Authorization (RMA).

Hi Marvin,

Thanks for your help!!!

It would be great, you can help me with procedure to configure the RMA box.

Regards

Laxmi K

Laxmi,

The RMA unit should have come with ISE pre-installed. You can just follow the installation guide for your version of ISE.

The exact procedure depends a lot on your local deployment. Since you did an RMA, you must have a support contract - the TAC can guide you step by step via WebEx if necessary.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: