Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Support for ISE on VMware

ashrafhelal3350
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I have an issue in adding the ISE on VMware to the Cisco Support (Smartnet).

They don't recognize the virtual SN.

Dose anyone know how to fix?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

if u enabled Smart licensing in your cube only u have to do is to generate token on the Smart portal against ISE license & then give this token to the ISE primary PAN on the licensing page. According to above messages TAC will be able to recognize your ISE-VM' s/n as supported.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Colby LeMaire
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you using the serial number from the ISE licensing GUI?  Administration->System->Licensing.  At the bottom of that page, you will see your serial numbers for your Admin nodes.  You can also do a "show inventory" I believe on the CLI.

Yes, that is ok. But in TAC, i cannot open a ticket with it.

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I have found this issue with all traditional licensed ISE deployments on VMs, but upon enabling/migrating to smart licensing, I am able to open TAC Cases with the serial number.

Emailing account teams, no one seems able to add the serial number because it's randomly generated upon VM creation. It's not a real serial number is messaging I have gotten back in the past.

Hi Damien

could u pls share is your cube talking to ciscolicensing directly|via proxy|CSSM?

I'm using Directly.

That's great; My ISE is registered to Cisco Smart Licencing.
Could you tell me which SN or Number U us to open your ticket?

if u enabled Smart licensing in your cube only u have to do is to generate token on the Smart portal against ISE license & then give this token to the ISE primary PAN on the licensing page. According to above messages TAC will be able to recognize your ISE-VM' s/n as supported.

With collaboration products (and likely ISE) they shove a lot of variables into the UDI, including the MAC address. That's why in general I prefer to statically assign MAC addresses to the cisco VM's. 

Last thing you need is for your licensing to not work because you had to shut down your VM and the MAC changed after booting up. I couldn't find documentation for all the variables for ISE's UDI unfortunately. 

Peter Koltl
Level 7
Level 7

Find the PAK of your ISE licenses. It is in the Cisco database and can be used as a serial number when opening cases.

You can obtain a PAK even for the R-ISE-VM= license if you contact the licensing team.