Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Trustsec Implmentation

chong.eric
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to implement Cisco Trustsec on Catalyst 6500 Series Supervisor Engine 2T to control access between the PCI system and non PCI system in the same subnet/VLAN.

Question: Can you configure classfication/progatation/enforcement in a single device? 

Please refer to attached diagram.

Regards,

Eric

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I don't have a 6500 to verify this configuration, but the following commands work on a CSR with Loopback interfaces. Note the ACL below is not a standard/extended ACL but rather a role-based ACL.

ip access-list role-based DENY
 deny ip

cts role-based sgt-map 192.168.1.10 sgt 10
cts role-based sgt-map 192.168.1.20 sgt 20
cts role-based sgt-map 192.168.1.30 sgt 30
cts role-based permissions from 10 to 20 DENY
cts role-based permissions from 10 to 30 DENY
cts role-based enforcement

Use the commands "show cts role-based counters" to verify hits increase for denies.

Any traffic not explictly denied is permitted.

I'd suggest obviously to test the commands in the lab before implementing in production.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi Eric,

Yes, I don't see why not. As long as the 6500 has the IP to SGT bindings and an SGACL then yes you can enforce. You'd probably want to confirm you are running a validated firmware as per the trustsec matrix https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/solutions/collateral/enterprise-networks/trustsec/platform-capability-matrix.pdf

HTH

Will you able to share the configuration please?

Are you planning to use ISE to propagate the SGT Mappings/SGACL or are you just going to statically define them on the switch?

Hi

I am planning to configure in switch statically 

I don't have a 6500 to verify this configuration, but the following commands work on a CSR with Loopback interfaces. Note the ACL below is not a standard/extended ACL but rather a role-based ACL.

ip access-list role-based DENY
 deny ip

cts role-based sgt-map 192.168.1.10 sgt 10
cts role-based sgt-map 192.168.1.20 sgt 20
cts role-based sgt-map 192.168.1.30 sgt 30
cts role-based permissions from 10 to 20 DENY
cts role-based permissions from 10 to 30 DENY
cts role-based enforcement

Use the commands "show cts role-based counters" to verify hits increase for denies.

Any traffic not explictly denied is permitted.

I'd suggest obviously to test the commands in the lab before implementing in production.

Thanks. It works on 6506 too.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: