cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Config for Daisy-Chained VoIP Phone w/ PC

jmorton1
Level 1
Level 1

We are set up to where we have computers on vlan 11 and phones on vlan 12, and they are daisy chained such that the connection from the wall goes through the phone first, ten into the PC. We are finding that for some reason, on Catalyst 3650 switches, we can put a config n the switchport of auth host-mode multi-domain, and this causes ISE to profile both the phone and the PC on the respective port. However, on our Catalyst 2960X switches, if we try this command, then it profiles only the phone and not the computer and blocks the PC from connecting. I also tried auth host-mode multi-host and auth host-mode multi-auth and they did not achieve the desired result either. Does the Catalyst 2960X series switches simply not allow two devices on two different vlans to profile on the same port?

2 Replies 2

Amine ZAKARIA
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

What do you mean by "blocks the PC from connecting" ? does the user authenticate and shows auth failed or something else ? ISE live log shows something ?

Can you share the :
show run | i aaa 

show run interface FastEthernetx/x (interface using dot1x).

show auth sess int FastEthernetx/x details (interface causing the problem)

It drops the MAC address of the PC and does not allow it to resolve an IP address. I would have to test it again and get you a log.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: