Views
Helpful
Replies

confusing ACS 5.4 Alarm - no remote repository configured

FRANK SCHADE
Level 1
Level 1

The following message from ACS 5.4.0.46 is confusing me:

"Configure Remote Repository under Purge Configuration which is used to take a backup of data before purge."

cause it is configured:

purge_config.JPG

and it also seems to work cause I got also messages that the purge is beginning and that it was successful.

What is the problem here?

6 Replies 6

m.yost
Level 1
Level 1

I'm actually having the same issue.  Same version of ACS.  My incremental backup schedule/frequencies are different, but otherwise I'm configured the same.  I was going to do a bug scrub and see if its a known bug.

after manual compressing the info database the message disappears...

Is this what you did?  Select Database Compress below  and then purge now to clear the error?

usman ali dar
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All

please update the status of the snap shot pasted becuase i am also facing same issue with it is keeps on saying same purging and how to get it disappear and why it is even there. can some one explain please

avink
Level 1
Level 1

Same problem with purging the database.

After a manual action, I do get an OK. But the next day the same warning.

Anyone find a solution?

I had the same problem, ACS 5.4 with latest patch 6 installed. I had to figure this out by myself and the solution was pretty simple.

Make sure you configure incremental backup before 4 AM as database purge is run every night at 4 AM. I configured it at 3 AM. Well, after you configure this via GUI you need to login CLI and stop/start Job Manager process:
# acs stop view-jobmanager
# acs start view-jobmanager

After that I got rid of those error messages and backups and database purges are working smoothly.

Cheers,

Kari