Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Determining ISE Plus Licenses Needed

We have multiple site ISE 2.2 environment and are adding 2 new sites. Our current ISE License is;

50000 Base

3500 Plus.

I am trying to find a way to determine how many new plus licenses we may need. In the past we have temporarily gone over the 3500 plus license count to about 5000. One of the problems in determining this is these are colleges and this is very slow time.

Is there some sort of algorithm or tool I can use to determine? I would rather not shoot from the hip if possible.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please review the Cisco ISE ordering guide , which details which features use PLUS licenses, how consumption works and enforced (in Section 4).

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please review the Cisco ISE ordering guide , which details which features use PLUS licenses, how consumption works and enforced (in Section 4).

Thanks for your reply. I have reviewed this guide and although it is a good explanation of which features use plus licenses e.g. profiling  and how consumption works ( active session) it does not give me a measurement of dynamic active sessions. I suppose I could judge by past usage and device count an expected additional future licenses needed with added colleges coming online.

If using traditional licensing and if the recent usage within last 2 months, you may take a look at the usage over time bar charts at Administration > System > Licensing > License Usage > Usage Over Time.

Screen Shot 2018-07-27 at 6.07.34 PM.png