cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Device-Sensor and Automated-Tester Behavior

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I've been developing and testing some new IBNS 2.0 configurations on a 3850 with 16.6.6/16.9.3a and came across some odd behavior/interaction with device sensor and the automated tester.  I have a TAC case open on this (SR# 687085849), and I am trying to determine if this is the expected behavior or a bug. I have asked TAC but have not heard back, so anyone know if it should behave this way? 

What I have found is that when "automate-tester username NAD-Tester ignore-acct-port probe-on" is added to the radius server configuration, learned device sensor attributes that appear in the cache do not get forwarded to ISE. 

If I use "automate-tester username NAD-Tester probe-on", removing the "ignore-acct-port", then device sensor attributes show up in ISE, doesn't seem like it should act this way. 

Radius server example where device sensor data is not sent
radius server ISE-VIP-A
address ipv4 10.1.1.1 auth-port 1812 acct-port 1813
pac key xxxxxxxxxxx
automate-tester username NAD-Tester ignore-acct-port probe-on

Radius server example where device sensor data is forwarded as expected
radius server ISE-VIP-A
address ipv4 10.1.1.1 auth-port 1812 acct-port 1813
pac key xxxxxxxxxxx
automate-tester username NAD-Tester probe-on

This is the same as configured in the ISE Secure Wired Access Prescriptive Deployment Guide, so quite a few deployments could have this issue and not even realize their profiling is hindered.  
https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-documents/ise-secure-wired-access-prescriptive-deployment-guide/ta-p/3641515

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Surendra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
It should not behave that way. The command should only restrict automate tester from sending probes on 1813/1646. Seems like a bug to me.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Surendra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
It should not behave that way. The command should only restrict automate tester from sending probes on 1813/1646. Seems like a bug to me.

That agrees with how I feel the command/feature should work. I'll continue to work the TAC case and follow up when complete.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: