Views
Helpful
Replies

Dictionaries and Library Conditions on ISE 2.3

fdharmawan
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Guys,

I want to make an authorization rule based on MAC address. But when I want to make the rule, I cannot find any MAC address related attribute on Library Conditions. When I check further, I found MAC address and OUI on Dictionaries. Is there any way I can use that attribute from Dictionaries on Library Conditions?

And one more thing. Anyone can confirm this? I was watching ISE tutorial video and want to replicate the authorization method on my environment. I realize that the version used on the video is not 2.3 since the menu is quite different. I'm not really concerned about this since Cisco rearranged them. But I found that on the video there were Calling-Station-ID and Called-Station-ID, while in my 2.3 ISE only Called-Station-ID is available. This happens on Authorization Profile menu on Policy Sets Am I missing something here?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Mohamed,

Apparently I can search on the column and Calling-Station-ID is on different category. Will try to match the client's MAC address with Calling-Station-ID. Thank you.

2.JPG

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

I am not sure if I understood the question exactly but If you want to match
MAC address you can create a condition to match Radius >
Calling-Station-ID . This field contains the MAC address of the endpoint

Hi Mohamed,

The main goal is I want to assign a rule to a client of a specific MAC address. The thing is, I cannot find Calling-Station-ID on my 2.3 ISE, only Called-Station-ID available. Are those two are the same thing?

1.JPG

Thank you.

No they aren't. I have 2.3 and can see it

Hi Mohamed,

Apparently I can search on the column and Calling-Station-ID is on different category. Will try to match the client's MAC address with Calling-Station-ID. Thank you.

2.JPG

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: