cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNS-suffix and DNS- IP address on ACS v3.0

abayo
Level 1
Level 1

Does anybody know if you can give a DNS-suffix and DNS- IP address working with ACS-Database users (ACS v3.0) for dial-up users that authenticated using RADIUS protocol?

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

ogvalverde
Level 1
Level 1

You have to use av-pairs (activating in the corresponding group properties the AV-PAIRS check in the CISCO PIX/IOS RADIUS Attributes section).

These are formed by protocol:attribute=value, for example:

ip:name-server=aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd

ip:default-domain-name=example.avpair.com

I hope this helped you.

Are you sure that are those parameters, because I hve configure the ACs with these ones:

ip:dns-servers=10.118.10.14;

ip:wins-servers=10.116.10.202;

...and it works.

But now, I need to pass the "domain-name" as "cisco.es" and I don't know what parameter is....?

You're right. The right parameter is dns-server (I got confused with the cli command).

The parameter you are now looking for is:

ip:default-domain=pericoeldelospalotes.com.

Best Regards

I tried but it didn't work.

So any idea????

From what I understnd, If you're users are using ppp for dial-in, then you will not be able to pass a domain suffix, as its not supported in ppp. You can pass ip address, dns server and wins server ip addresses but your user's will need to have the relevant dns suffix pre-configured.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: