cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Announcements
Choose one of the topics below to view our ISE Resources to help you on your journey with ISE

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC! We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.
Please see How to Ask the Community for Help for other best practices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Does doing a CoA from live sessions require a plus license?

My lab isn't up to test this.  I have a customer that wants to do a CoA when they change an endpoint from one static endpoint group to another static endpoint group.  The profiler service could do this automatically but they don't have a plus license to use this functionality.  Could they change the static endpoint group and then call the CoA from live sessions with a base license only to receive the same result?

Thanks,

Steve

Everyone's tags (6)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
VIP Advisor

Re: Does doing a CoA from live sessions require a plus license?

Yes it works without a Plus license.  I only have BASE license applied  I just tested that by moving an endpoint between two static groups in ISE 2.2 and the CoA reauth (as an example) was received on my WLC.   I issued the CoA from the PAN Context Visibility > Endpoints menu

I had screen shots all pasted into my reply when I lost it all ... NEVER press CRTL-Z on these forums!!!!! It wipes out everything you've entered.  Really annoying.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
VIP Advisor

Yes it works without a Plus license.  I only have BASE license applied  I just tested that by moving an endpoint between two static groups in ISE 2.2 and the CoA reauth (as an example) was received on my WLC.   I issued the CoA from the PAN Context Visibility > Endpoints menu

I had screen shots all pasted into my reply when I lost it all ... NEVER press CRTL-Z on these forums!!!!! It wipes out everything you've entered.  Really annoying.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Advocate

Arne is correct.  CoA is a basic function.   Note that not all features are UI restricted based on license, but in this case, it is a Base license function.

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Thank you for the confirmation!  Much appreciated.