cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does doing a CoA from live sessions require a plus license?

ciscosteve84
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

My lab isn't up to test this.  I have a customer that wants to do a CoA when they change an endpoint from one static endpoint group to another static endpoint group.  The profiler service could do this automatically but they don't have a plus license to use this functionality.  Could they change the static endpoint group and then call the CoA from live sessions with a base license only to receive the same result?

Thanks,

Steve

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Yes it works without a Plus license.  I only have BASE license applied  I just tested that by moving an endpoint between two static groups in ISE 2.2 and the CoA reauth (as an example) was received on my WLC.   I issued the CoA from the PAN Context Visibility > Endpoints menu

I had screen shots all pasted into my reply when I lost it all ... NEVER press CRTL-Z on these forums!!!!! It wipes out everything you've entered.  Really annoying.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Yes it works without a Plus license.  I only have BASE license applied  I just tested that by moving an endpoint between two static groups in ISE 2.2 and the CoA reauth (as an example) was received on my WLC.   I issued the CoA from the PAN Context Visibility > Endpoints menu

I had screen shots all pasted into my reply when I lost it all ... NEVER press CRTL-Z on these forums!!!!! It wipes out everything you've entered.  Really annoying.

Arne is correct.  CoA is a basic function.   Note that not all features are UI restricted based on license, but in this case, it is a Base license function.

Thank you for the confirmation!  Much appreciated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: