Views
Helpful
Replies

EAP-TLS problems with Cisco AP541N and Server 2008 NPS

lalalenni
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to use EAP-TLS with my shiny new certificates issued by my new Windows CA, and what happens? Nothing works.

I don't have a clue what I should do. I try to establish a EAP-TLS connection using my Windows CE mobile device, but my cisco AP541N logs this:

Oct 18 15:42:58 info hostapd wlan0: STA 00:17:23:xx:xx:xx IEEE 802.1X: Supplicant used different EAP type: 3 (Nak)
Oct 18 15:42:58 warn hostapd wlan0: STA 00:17:23:xx:xx:xx IEEE 802.1X: authentication failed - identity 'XXXXXX' EAP type: 13 (TLS)
Oct 18 15:42:58 info hostapd The wireless client with MAC address 00:17:23:xx:xx:xx had an authentication failure.

NPS logs this:

Name der Verbindungsanforderungsrichtlinie: Sichere Drahtlosverbindungen 2

Netzwerkrichtlinienname: XXXXXX

Authentifizierungsanbieter: Windows

Authentifizierungsserver: XXXXX

Authentifizierungstyp: EAP

EAP-Typ: -

Kontositzungs-ID: -

Protokollierungsergebnisse: Die Kontoinformationen wurden in die lokale Protokolldatei geschrieben.

Ursachencode: 22

Ursache: Der Client konnte nicht authentifiziert werden, da der angegebene EAP (Extensible Authentication-Protokoll)-Typ vom Server nicht verarbeitet werden kann.

I'm sorry it's german, but the gist is: The server can't process the authentication with the specified EAP type, which should be EAP-TLS.

I think the NAK answer in my cisco AP logs is the problem. Well, not the problem, since it is the standard procedure in the EAP request / challenge, I think, but somebody messes up with it.

Did anybody encounter something like this before? Or just knows what to do?

Thanks in advance

Lenni

0 Replies 0