cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Endpoint profile unkown

BigK
Level 1
Level 1

I just imported 2 Cisco IP-phones to ISE. Endpoint profile showing as unknown. They are authenticated with ISE and all is working as expected. my question how to make them show as 8851's. Please see attached screen. 

Thanks

BigK

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Got it figured out... EndPointPolicy was missing from my template

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Ben Walters
Level 3
Level 3

It may take some time before profiling is completed on newly connected devices, which seems like it might be the case since you already have another 8851 profiled.

If you want to get more info though you can check the profiled endpoints summary search for the device and check the details to see how the it was profiled, maybe that particular endpoint didn't match the 8851 profile conditions for some reason. 

@Ben Walters 

Ben, 

I checked again. still no changes. I imported the template with the ip-phone Mac address but it would not show as 8851

Endpoint profile unknow.PNG

Got it figured out... EndPointPolicy was missing from my template

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Adding to Ben Walters's,

check the list of endpoint attributes collected for the endpoints. If OUI not resolved, then you would likely need update the profiler policies via ISE profiler feed service.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: