cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Endpoint Purge in 2.4

skilpatr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are there any differences in the way the endpoint purge feature functions with respect to version 2.2 and 2.4? In 2.2P9 large endpoint groups of 10k+ seem to have difficulty sometimes. Wondering if they are improvements in 2.4.

2 Replies 2

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I would recommend working with the TAC for deep analysis. The current recommended long term release is 2.4 and has more quality improvements and fixes. I will rely on other community members to see if they have any comments. I would also recommend standing up 2.4 in parallel to start testing out a migration plan

In ISE 2.3 I would reliably crash the PAN node if I tried purging more than 500 endpoints from the Context Visibility web page.  Application services would restart.

Since ISE 2.4 I have not seen that again.  But it has left a bad taste in my mouth.  

I have a customer who has over 15,000 endpoints in their database and it's constantly growing - I know that only 2000 of those endpoints are needed.  But I don't trust that ISE 2.2 system from falling over if I try deleting the old endpoints.

Basic functionality that we should not even question - it should just work.  Probably a million SQL queries get executed and that's enough to cause the wheels to come off.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: