Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error while installing patch 5 on ISE 2.2

Hello guys,

I had an issue when I tried to apply patch 5 on our ISE cluster in version 2.2:

This error message appears after I uploaded patch via GUI. I checked in log file, but I didn’t see anything helpful…

7 [10899]:[debug] config:network: sysconfig.c[463] [admin]: Getting Domainname...

7 [10899]:[debug] config:network: sysconfig.c[485] [admin]: Getting Gateway...

7 [10899]:[debug] config:network: sysconfig.c[530] [admin]: Getting Nameserver...

7 [10899]:[debug] config:network: sysconfig.c[530] [admin]: Getting Nameserver...

7 [10899]:[debug] user: sysconfig.c[4655] [admin]: route print return value: 0

7 [10899]:[debug] config:network: sysconfig.c[4661] [admin]: ip route  output:

Does somebody already have the same issue? If so, did you find a workaround?

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nidhi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Its best to troubleshoot the issue with TAC. please raise a TAC case for this. 

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Nidhi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Its best to troubleshoot the issue with TAC. please raise a TAC case for this. 

Hello Nidhi,

I already asked to open a case. Meanwhile I hoped to have an answer here from somebody who could have the same issue.

Do you know if it's a known issue?

Potentially, "/localdisk" on one of ISE nodes in the deployment is running out of space. Please SSH to and log onto the ISE admin CLI of each of ISE nodes and issue "dir" to verify the available space of this /localdisk file system.

Hello,

I checked, and there is enough space on my nodes.

Adm 1 :

Usage for disk: filesystem

10764681216 bytes total used

3779428352 bytes free

15347318784 bytes available

Adm 2:

512114688 bytes total used

14031994880 bytes free

Mnt :

512114688 bytes total used

14031994880 bytes free

PSN 1 :

9643720704 bytes total used

4900388864 bytes free

PSN 2:

10764681216 bytes total used

3779428352 bytes free

But what is strange is that I failed over the cluster few times. Finally the patch was successfully installed but only on two nodes (adm from which I launched patch installation, and the primary monitoring node).

If not already done, please provide the support bundles from all ISE nodes to TAC for investigation. If you do not want to wait, I would suggest to apply the patch via ISE CLI on those "not installed" ones.

Actually before I was able to install patch from GUI on two nodes, I tried to install it on my primary admin via CLI. After patch installation, ISE processus was stuck on "initializing", and I had to reimage the node (I tried cold reboot without success). I'm afraid this issue happens again and I really don't want to reimage my full cluster.

It's important to find out why ISE stuck in "initializing" by engaging TAC, unless you are able to share the support bundle in this public forum. Patching via CLI should work as good as via Web UI, if not better, unless some specific bug preventing it to work.

Honestly I didn't check the logs, but I guess it's because a process locked the database, so ISE application wasn't able to access the DB (I already had this issue).

The problem is that for now I just tried to patch our mockup environment (5 nodes), but our production one has 19 nodes, and I really didn't want to patch them all in CLI...

ognyan.totev
Level 5
Level 5

Are you installing on primary administration node?

Yes I am. I have a distributed infrastructure, so after promoting the secondary adm node as a primary, I tried again to install the patch. I had exactly the same message.

Check the md5 checksum/crypto hash of posted patch file to the one you have to make sure not corrupted in transfer. 

The md5 sum is ok. I had the same issue with another laptop, and another patch.

drivera_
Level 1
Level 1

Hi jgrastilleur

Did you find any solution for this issue?  I'm having a similar issue when applying patch 9 for ISE 2.4 version.  It is only installed in the PAN but not replicated to the PSNs. 

Hello,

I finally patched my whole cluster using CLI, and it worked

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: