cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

forcing ISE node to standalone

Joe Rust
Level 4
Level 4

I've de-registered an ISE 2.3 node from a deployment, yet the node does not know that it 'should' be in Standalone mode.  Is there a cli command to force it into standalone mode?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

No CLI for that, unless you are happy to factory reset the node.

ise01/admin# application reset-config ise

Initialize your Application configuration to factory defaults? (y/n):

You can retain any certs that you installed, but all else gets wiped out, and then you are back to being a STANDALONE node.

Or via the GUI:

If you log into the Web GUI of the de-registered node, then you should see a 'Make STANDALONE' button.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

No CLI for that, unless you are happy to factory reset the node.

ise01/admin# application reset-config ise

Initialize your Application configuration to factory defaults? (y/n):

You can retain any certs that you installed, but all else gets wiped out, and then you are back to being a STANDALONE node.

Or via the GUI:

If you log into the Web GUI of the de-registered node, then you should see a 'Make STANDALONE' button.

No need to restore factory default but after de-register the other nodes, reboot the PAN and after reboot, click "Make Standalone" button and it will work. 

kaveseli
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No need for reset-config. You can force it by typing this in the URL field: https://<IP_OF_PSN>/deployment-rpc/deregister-node
You would need to type in your admin credentials.

Hello, I was about to do that today, but was not sure, is your command to be done from the CLI to the Node to force it to be standalone?? I had to do a factory reset after 1- de-registered the affected Node from the Primary working Node GUI. and then from the CLI tried application reset-config ise, and typed yes to factory default and then yes to factory reset , but showed  me after a while  an error that it will not work  the error was ((( Error: DATABASE PRIMING FAILED!

this could be the result of incorrect network interface configuration, or lack of resources on the appliance or VM. please fix the issue and run the following CLI to re-prime database: 

"application reset-config ise" )))

2- tried to reload 2 times but also didn't help

3-I had to do a factory reset for the whole Node. 

Hi @Amen ,

if you have database issues that application reset-config ise didn't solve it, then IMO please:

1. de-register the PSN Node from the Cluster (at Administration > System >Deployment > select the PSN Node > click Deregister.

2. rebuild the PSN Node (from step 1.) from scratch

3. register the PSN Node (from step 2.) to the Cluster

Hope this helps !!!