cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Announcements
Choose one of the topics below to view our ISE Resources to help you on your journey with ISE

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC! We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.
Please see How to Ask the Community for Help for other best practices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

FreeRADIUS with WLC 8.3.122 per user bandwidth rate-limits

Hi,

I am using FreeRADIUS to authenticate users on a single SSID. I can allocate them to particular VLANs etc. What I would like to be able to do is to allocate the users specific QOS bandwidth limit overrides. This should be possible and I can find all of the Cisco documents that reference the Cisco AV pairs. I have no idea how to format it in the FreeRADIUS user file. For example, to allocate a VLAN I just add the following lines;

Tunnel-Type = VLAN,
	Tunnel-Medium-Type = IEEE-802,
	Tunnel-Private-Group-ID = "3",

So what do I need to add to allow a bandwidth limit of for example 20mb?? I have tried lots of different options e.g.

cisco-avpair = "ip:Airespace-Data-Bandwidth-Average-Contract-Downstream=20000"

I am lost. Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Everyone's tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Beginner

Re: FreeRADIUS with WLC 8.3.122 per user bandwidth rate-limits

I have managed to figure most of this out....

The freeRADIUS dictionary.airespace file did not contain definitions for the values I was trying to apply which is what was causing half of my problems. I have added those definitions so my file looks like this

VENDOR          Airespace                                               14179

BEGIN-VENDOR    Airespace
ATTRIBUTE       Airespace-Wlan-Id                                       1       integer
ATTRIBUTE       Airespace-QOS-Level                                     2       integer
ATTRIBUTE       Airespace-DSCP                                          3       integer
ATTRIBUTE       Airespace-8021p-Tag                                     4       integer
ATTRIBUTE       Airespace-Interface-Name                                5       string
ATTRIBUTE       Airespace-ACL-Name                                      6       string
ATTRIBUTE       Airespace-Data-Bandwidth-Average-Contract               7       integer
ATTRIBUTE       Airespace-Real-Time-Bandwidth-Average-Contract          8       integer
ATTRIBUTE       Airespace-Data-Bandwidth-Burst-Contract                 9       integer
ATTRIBUTE       Airespace-Real-Time-Bandwidth-Burst-Contract            10      integer
ATTRIBUTE       Airespace-Guest-Role-Name                               11      string
ATTRIBUTE       Airespace-Data-Bandwidth-Average-Contract-Upstream      13      integer
ATTRIBUTE       Airespace-Real-Time-Bandwidth-Average-Contract-Upstream 14      integer
ATTRIBUTE       Airespace-Data-Bandwidth-Burst-Contract-Upstream        15      integer
ATTRIBUTE       Airespace-Real-Time-Bandwidth-Burst-Contract-Upstream   16      integer

VALUE   Airespace-QOS-Level             Bronze                          3
VALUE   Airespace-QOS-Level             Silver                          0
VALUE   Airespace-QOS-Level             Gold                            1
VALUE   Airespace-QOS-Level             Platinum                        2

END-VENDOR Airespace

Now I can call those values with commands like below;

Airespace-Data-Bandwidth-Average-Contract = 20000