Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

From virtual to physical ISE

I have two virtual ISE deployment in redundancy mode. I need to substitute these virtual servers with new 3595 appliance servers.

I would like to know the procedure and the steps to reduce the downtime, taking into account that there are these active services:

- Guest managamement with sponsor and self-registration
- Device registration for BYOD
- EAP-TLS authentication for Corporate PC 

I need a very detailed documentation, with clearly stated downtime duration, because I need the customer approval before implementing the procedure. 

ps: attached the documents i'm aware of.

Many thanks.
F.

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can do it as a zero downtime event if you plan it carefully. You will have a few minutes  of PAN unavailability while you promote a new node to Primary Admin role but that will not affect end users outside the few special cases noted in the slide you shared.

You can add the new nodes and, once the deployment is healthy with them online, you can retire the old nodes from the deployment.

A detailed cutover plan would not be something to get from a public forum but rahter something you develop locally according to your internal practices and requirements.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: