Views
Helpful
Replies

Get around NAC from bastion hosts

oldcreek12
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are planning to implement 801.x with dynamic VLAN assignment such that different group will have different access policies to our internal network, however I have a basic question regarding this approach. Say users in sales group is not allowed to access HR servers, I can simply apply an ACL on sale's VLAN to block this connection, but how do I stop the connection if a sales person login to a sales server and from there to make connections to HR servers?

1 Reply 1

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you allowing RDP access to these Sales servers? If so are you allowing access based on a shared account or are the users using their domain accounts? You can restrict remote desktop based on user groups in AD.

Here is a guide that should lock down access to your server for remote desktop -

http://www.techotopia.com/index.php/Configuring_Windows_Server_2008_Remote_Desktop_Administration#Controlling_Remote_Desktop_Access

Thanks,

Tarik Admani

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: