cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest Portal ISE usernames

mgsctravels
Level 1
Level 1

Question for ISE users. Our portal was previously set up where users couldn't change or reset their passwords. So many users ended up creating many duplicates. jdoe, jdoe1, jdoe2, etc. 

We want to clean things up by deleting all guest accounts and starting fresh, but if we do so, will the username generated go back to the original sequence, i.e. jdoe and allow for the original username to be reused? As long as the username is purged and deleted?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

yes it will. ISE auto appends a number to the end of the username if it detects a guest account with the same name.

Deleting bulk guest accounts (from my distant memory) is still 10 accounts per page?  It's not great if you have 1000 accounts to delete.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

yes it will. ISE auto appends a number to the end of the username if it detects a guest account with the same name.

Deleting bulk guest accounts (from my distant memory) is still 10 accounts per page?  It's not great if you have 1000 accounts to delete.

So sorry, I wanted to clarify. Yes, it will revert back to 0/no number if we delete all previous duplicate/original usernames? This will happen automatically if we manually delete the username? We only have about 100 usernames, so it's fine.

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

yep - deleting a guest account will remove the account from the Guest Database. And then ISE will accept the usernames as entered by the guest during registration (or manually by the Sponsor)

If we have it so the system auto-assign the username, and delete jdoe, jdoe1, jdoe2, jdoe3, will the system go back and auto-generate jdoe again? We don't currently let people pick a username and ISE auto-generates.

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

yep