Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest Sponsor automatic email when new account is created

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Hi

For compliance reasons I would like ISE to always send an email for EVERY new account that is created to a fixed recipient email address.

And I don't want to rely on the Sponsor to have to click the Notify button to achieve that - I want ISE to automatically do it "under the covers" after an account has been successfully created.

Any ideas how I could do that?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is currently and ask for some relief in the future we need more customers that are requiring us to be able to put into the product please reach out via your sales team to the ISE product marketing team to justify this request further

There is no built-in way to do this besides making the sponsors email address a group mailer address instead

Another way to do this would be to set up a server with a syslog receiver that would have scrips running on it and could send a mailer that way

The portal builder is used for customization it doesn't however change any of the background tasks that are performed by the subsystem

Sent from my iPhone

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is currently and ask for some relief in the future we need more customers that are requiring us to be able to put into the product please reach out via your sales team to the ISE product marketing team to justify this request further

There is no built-in way to do this besides making the sponsors email address a group mailer address instead

Another way to do this would be to set up a server with a syslog receiver that would have scrips running on it and could send a mailer that way

The portal builder is used for customization it doesn't however change any of the background tasks that are performed by the subsystem

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks Jason

I will definitely reach out to our local SE here.  And while I am at it, I will ask for a few more things that, in my opinion, are missing from the Mail feature in general

1) Configurable FROM address (the built-in fixed 'ise@node' is not useful - our MTA only allows pre-defined senders and ise@node doesn't fit into the norm) - we need this to allow the MTA to accept connections

2) Secondary SMTP server

3) Authentication (none, standard, SASL)

cheers

these are all feature requests, we won't address these here, please reach out through sales channel to the ISE product managers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: