cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I change the timezone on ISE 2.7

B0b-Lesher
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all, first post here. I searched far and wide but I am unable to see how to change the timezone in ISE 2.7. I installed but used UTC and decided I would change later. Now that I am trying to do an AD join, I am getting the clock skew error. I am unable to change the timezone from the Admin > settings > system time or from cli. With the CLI i am getting the following error:

I-screammnt/admin(config)# clock timezone eastern
Setting the timezone via CLI is not supported.
I-screammnt/admin(config)#

This is a two node deployment PSN / MNT

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Refer the ISE 2.7 CLI reference Guide below, which states, Changing the time zone on a Cisco ISE appliance after installation causes the Cisco ISE application on that node to be unusable and to change the timezone after installation you must re-image the node.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-7/cli_guide/b_ise_CLIReferenceGuide_27/b_ise_CLIReferenceGuide_27_chapter_011.html#wp4256051829

Clock skew error should be corrected by configuring a reachable NTP server or manually configure the time on the appliance/ISE VM.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Anurag Sharma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @B0b-Lesher ,

Changing of timezone was the functionality added back in the following versions:

ISE 2.2 patch 17, ISE 2.4 patch 11, ISE 2.6 patch 5, and ISE 2.7 patch 1

For more details see: https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvo49755

Secondly, if you are getting 'clock skew' it's because of time difference between ISE and AD and not necessarily the time-zone difference. I would recommend you configure a NTP server or just manually set the time on ISE to sync the time correctly.

Hope that helps!
Please 'RATE' and 'MARK ACCEPTED', if applicable.

it looks like we’re going to need a definitive answer to this Bug. CSCva92846

Can we or can we not safely change the time zone with 2.6 or 2.7?

Thanks

Refer the ISE 2.7 CLI reference Guide below, which states, Changing the time zone on a Cisco ISE appliance after installation causes the Cisco ISE application on that node to be unusable and to change the timezone after installation you must re-image the node.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-7/cli_guide/b_ise_CLIReferenceGuide_27/b_ise_CLIReferenceGuide_27_chapter_011.html#wp4256051829

Clock skew error should be corrected by configuring a reachable NTP server or manually configure the time on the appliance/ISE VM.

This is an interesting topic.

When you run the command "(config)# clock timezone [TIMEZONE]" where TIMEZONE=chosen timezone, e.g. Australia/Sydney you get a notification

"Changing the time zone may result in undesired side effects.  Recommended to reimage the node after changing the time zone"

Whereas the document from the link below states that ISE just needs to be restarted.  https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-7/cli_guide/b_ise_CLIReferenceGuide_27/b_ise_CLIReferenceGuide_27_chapter_011.html#wp4256051829

"Changing the time zone on a Cisco ISE appliance after installation causes the Cisco ISE application on that node to be unusable, which requires you to restart ISE. We recommend that you use the preferred time zone (default UTC) during the installation when the initial setup wizard prompts you for the time zones"

Prab
Level 1
Level 1

I have Cisco ISE-PIC running the version 2.7.0.356, I installed the patch version 1.

ISE-PIC-version.png

and then I changed the timezone from the CLI. The ISE-PIC displayed a message & asked to restart the ISE. I typed yes and after that the services were restarted and the timezone was also updated.

ISE-PIC-restart.png

The ISE-PIC is working fine post-restart..

Cheers,

Prab

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: