cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How long would it take an ISE node with the PAN, PSN personas to power down and to power up?

assanche
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is assuming you have a pair of ISE nodes and need to do this task for maintenance purposes. What is the time range expected in order to put this information in a MOP. Please let us know. Thanks!!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

ajc
Level 7
Level 7

Downtime is quite similar for all the appliances I have had 3395/3495/3595 running 2 personas. Usually I stop the services (takes 5-10 min), HALT and then power up (it takes 10-15 minutes to bring the services up). So estimate a total of 20-30 minutes maximum of downtime until all the services are UP and Check the AD Connector if you use it. You can omit the HALT if you want.

View solution in original post

I agree, 10-15 is about what I find. Usually closer to 15 min side before application services are all running.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ajc
Level 7
Level 7

Downtime is quite similar for all the appliances I have had 3395/3495/3595 running 2 personas. Usually I stop the services (takes 5-10 min), HALT and then power up (it takes 10-15 minutes to bring the services up). So estimate a total of 20-30 minutes maximum of downtime until all the services are UP and Check the AD Connector if you use it. You can omit the HALT if you want.

assanche
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Perfect, this is what i was looking for. Thanks!!

I agree, 10-15 is about what I find. Usually closer to 15 min side before application services are all running.