cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to add 52 and 53 raduis attributes

cweissheimer
Level 1
Level 1

please, I am configuring a 10000 and I need to add "Acct-Input-Gigawords" and "Acct-Output-Gigawords" in the accounting register. How can I configure that ?

Thanks in advance !

Cleber

1 Reply 1

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The RADIUS Attribute 52 and 53 Gigaword Support feature introduces support for attribute 52 (Acct-Input-Gigawords) and attribute 53 (Acct-Output-Gigawords). Attribute 52 keeps track of the number of times that the Acct-Input-Octets counter has rolled over the 32-bit integer throughout the course of the provided service; attribute 53 keeps track

of the number of times the Acct-Output-Octets counter has rolled over the 32-bit integer throughout the delivery of service. Both attributes

can be present only in Accounting-Request records where the Acct-Status-Type is set to "Stop" or "Interim-Update." These attributes can be used to accurately account for and bill for usage.

This should be available in the release they are running. Cisco IOS Software, 10000 Software (C10K3-P11-M), Version 12.2(31)SB13, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

I see there is a command that needs to be on but should be on by default. aaa accounting gigaword.

You may refer the COMMAND REFERENCE GUIDE for more info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/security/command/reference/sec_a1g.html#wp1085560

IMPORTANT # USAGE GUIDELINES #

The AAA high-capacity counter process takes approximately 8 percent CPU memory for 24,000 (24 K) sessions running under steady state.

If you have entered the no form of this command to turn off the 64-bit counters and you want to re-enable them, you will need to enter the aaa accounting gigawords command. Also, once you have entered the no form of the command, it takes a reload of the router to actually disable the use of the 64-bit counters.

HTH

JK

Plz rate helpful posts-

~Jatin
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: