cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to change primary node to secondary node ?

i need to reset ise password because cannot login to the gui. after i use command reset-passwd ise admin, it show error like (only standalone or primary node can change the password) like that. Because of that ise became secondary node, so i cannot reset the password. so i came up with idea to :

to change secondary node to primary node ? i cannot change because cannot login  to the gui. any ways to change from cli ? please help me. thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
You can only run that command on the primary admin node CLI, but it sets the password for the entire deployment. The GUI local admin account is replicated out.

Can you log in to the primary admin CLI? If so, then running "reset-passwd ise admin" and following the prompts will change the GUI admin password for all nodes.

Are you able to log in to the GUI on any nodes? if yes, but locked out of others would indicate a larger deployment sync issue to me.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
You can only run that command on the primary admin node CLI, but it sets the password for the entire deployment. The GUI local admin account is replicated out.

Can you log in to the primary admin CLI? If so, then running "reset-passwd ise admin" and following the prompts will change the GUI admin password for all nodes.

Are you able to log in to the GUI on any nodes? if yes, but locked out of others would indicate a larger deployment sync issue to me.

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Only if automatic failover configured and the primary ISE node is down or if someone click it on the secondary admin node to make it primary, then the ISE primary node becomes secondary but not resetting ISE password.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: