Views
Helpful
Replies

how to make ise pass back a radius group attribute

mulhollandm
Level 1
Level 1

folks

i have an ISE 2.0 vm and i'm authenticating users on an ssl vpn with the ise radius service

users, on ise, are put into separate identity groups and i'm trying to allocate ip addresses on my ssl vpn server based on identity group but i don't

see ise passing the group attribute back to the vpn server 

does anyone know how i can do this?

thanks to anyone taking the time to reply

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Take a look at the link below. It is a detailed video for an older version of ISE but it should give you enough details to get things going and get you familiar with the solution:

http://www.labminutes.com/sec0111_ise_12_anyconnect_vpn_radius_authentication_authorization_1

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there. I have a couple of questions:

1. What is your VPN solution provider?

2. What attributes are you returning back from ISE with the authorization profile?

neon

many thanks for your response, its much appreciated

I'm new to ise so I'm not sure how all the components work together

I don't have any authorisation policy configured, I simply have the user accounts configured and added into groups

is this what I'm maybe missing?

thanks again

Take a look at the link below. It is a detailed video for an older version of ISE but it should give you enough details to get things going and get you familiar with the solution:

http://www.labminutes.com/sec0111_ise_12_anyconnect_vpn_radius_authentication_authorization_1

neno

many thanks for your help

I eventually spoke to tac and it turned out that the issue was with my authorisation policy

I was passing back the permit attribute rather than the group attribute

so again, thanks for your help and contribution, it was much appreciated

Good to hear! Glad I was able to help! :)