cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to migrate from non AAA VPN to AAA VPN with PIX & ACS ?

guillerm
Level 1
Level 1

PIX 6.3.3

ACS 3.2

PIX VPN users (Internet users, not LAN-to-LAN- users)are, until now, authenticated only via the VPNGROUP and associated preshared password;

Now, we want to authenticate these VPN users thru AAA and the ACS 3.2;

To do so, we coded the usual AAA commands and the following xauth isakmp command :

crypto map mymap client authentication radius

This works OK during test and the tested user is authenticated via the ACS server

Question is :

is there a way to migrate our numerous users, let's say, group by group, towards this new AAA method ?

if we code the above crypto map command in our PIX, all our existing users will be forced to enter a userid/password (after the basic vpngroup/preshared password IKE phase), and, so, we will not be able to migrate group by group ?

Can the vpngroup groupname user-authentication command help to do so or is it reserved for LAN-to-LAN config ? (I don't see the exact purpose of this command)

thanks in advance

1 Reply 1

jsivulka
Level 5
Level 5

I think user authentication cannot be configured on a per vpn group basis. I guess, the rollover has to be in one go.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: