Views
Helpful
Replies

how to reset the Admin password on asa 5506-x K9

nsr88nsr69225
Level 1
Level 1

hello guys, 

I have installed a FTD image on the Cisco ASA 5506-X K9 and now I have forgotten the admin password, therefore I can not log into the system at all. 

I have done all these just for exercises. 

could anyone help me please?

thank you guys. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Milos_Jovanovic
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @nsr88nsr69225,

If you lost admin password, and there is no other user created, then you have to reimage device, which is basicaly full reinstalation of software on the device. You can find a procedure how to do that here. Good thing is that you can use this process to install newer software release, if relevant to you.

BR,

Milos

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Milos_Jovanovic
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @nsr88nsr69225,

If you lost admin password, and there is no other user created, then you have to reimage device, which is basicaly full reinstalation of software on the device. You can find a procedure how to do that here. Good thing is that you can use this process to install newer software release, if relevant to you.

BR,

Milos

for the reimaging, I need to enter into the CLI, if I don't have the admin password, how to get into? any idea?

nsr88nsr69225
Level 1
Level 1

thank you guys for your kindly reply. 

then I must reimage it. Is a good exercise to learn more:)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: