cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I am curious about the load balancing standards of the redundant ise.

CCC3
Level 1
Level 1

There is a redundancy ise.

Once in a while, the secondery, not the primary, does the work.

I think it's because of load balancing.

I'm curious about that criterion numerically.

Thank you.

4 Replies 4

@CCC3 ISE has several personas - Policy Administration Node (PAN), Monitoring and Troubleshooting (MnT), Policy Services Node (PSN). The PAN/MnT are Primary and Secondary, only one is primary (active) until the role fails over to the secondary node. However any PSN can authenticate users/endpoints, it would be the NAD (switch, WLC) which determines which to send the RADIUS/TACACS request.

So, is it the role of NAD that the primary processes it and then the secondary processes it once?

Sorry for the translation.

@CCC3 the NAD will send the RADIUS/TACACS request to one of the PSNs. The PSN server may or may not also be configured with the PAN/MnT role acting as primary or secondary, these PAN/MnT roles are independant to the PSN role. In a large deployment of ISE, the PAN/MnT/PSN roles can be separate servers.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

its all depends on how you configured and deployed :

give more information or refer below 2 node deployment :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-4/install_guide/b_ise_InstallationGuide24/b_ise_InstallationGuide24_chapter_00.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: