coresora1
Level 1
Level 1
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can't do this through the Sponsor Portal.  You have to log in to the Administration Console.  Navigate to the Guest Portal that is being used.  Under the Self-Registration Page Settings for that Portal, uncheck the option for Require self-registered guests to be approved, then Save.

Approval.PNG

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can't do this through the Sponsor Portal.  You have to log in to the Administration Console.  Navigate to the Guest Portal that is being used.  Under the Self-Registration Page Settings for that Portal, uncheck the option for Require self-registered guests to be approved, then Save.

Approval.PNG

Dear Charles Moreton

it not work. you have idea

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

i am not exactly sure of your problem or what you want to do, what Charles stated is clear for removing the need for sponsor to approve account, if you still need assistance and think maybe bug please open tac case

Hi Jason Kunst

i use ISE2.1

i want send email approve account but can't send email approve account

Have you set up the SMTP Settings?  Go to Administration > System > Settings.  Choose SMTP Server from the left menu.  Enter the SMTP Server name and click Save.

SMTP.PNG

Hi  Charles Moreton

yes, i config it.

tomorrow i will show you a picture

If its configured for email and approval required to be sent (looks like to a specific email address) then I would troubleshoot with the TAC.

Have you tried selecting the email as the person being visited and entering the email address manually as well?

You can make sure you can connect to your SMTP server by telnetting from ISE to the mail server on port 25 as well.

Some example to troubleshoot mail server:

How to Use Telnet to Test SMTP Communication

Hi all

i config SMTP Server

1.PNG

telnet mail server it work

2.PNG

Guest send email to sponsor is OK

4.jpg

but sponsor can't send email approve

5.PNG

3.PNG

please make sure you have the latest patch installed on your deployment and work through the TAC to investigate the error.

Thank you

the TAC to investigate the error.

coresora1
Level 1
Level 1

ISE 1.4 can approve account and send email to sponsor. but ISE 2.1 can't send email to sponsor or ISE 2.1 is bug approve send email

http://www.labminutes.com/sec0198_ise_13_guest_access_self_registration_2

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: