cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPSK Manager - Cisco ISE ODBC stored procedures not found

mike.sprinkle
Level 1
Level 1

When running the ODBC test function from ISE I see the connection as passed but the stored procedures fail. I have built 2 IPSK servers. The first one was built on version 1 and has been upgraded to version 2. This server passes all the ODBC tests from ISE (even after upgrade to version 2). The second server I built on version 2. This server fails the stored procedure portion of the test. 

Even though the test fails on the second server I am still able to query the database from ISE and retrieve user attributes and groups. Testing shows that clients are able to authenticate against the second server without issue. I believe this is a cosmetic error but I want to make sure before going into production. Has anyone else seen this and resolved the issue?

I have included details of my setup below:

ISE        2.4.0.35 patch 10

5520     8.5.140

iPSK Manager Database Scheme Version: 2

ISE_image.jpg

Lookup from the second server:

24869 Perform fetching of the user groups in external ODBC database
24870 Fetching of the user groups in external ODBC database succeeded
24872 Perform fetching of the user attributes in external ODBC database
24873 Fetching of the user attributes in external ODBC database succeeded
15048 Queried PIP - iPSK.ExternalGroups
24869 Perform fetching of the user groups in external ODBC database
24849 Connecting to external ODBC database
24850 Successfully connected to external ODBC database
24870 Fetching of the user groups in external ODBC database succeeded
24872 Perform fetching of the user attributes in external ODBC database
24873 Fetching of the user attributes in external ODBC database succeeded
15048 Queried PIP - iPSK02.ExternalGroups
15016 Selected Authorization Profile - AUTHZ_IPSK_INTERNET
11002 Returned RADIUS Access-Accept

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Laruen,

I have not found a solution. I believe this is a cosmetic error as actual queries to both databases work. However this bothers me not knowing the cause. 

Logging into mysql using the ipsk-ise-user I have run the mysql command "show procedure status where db = 'ipsk';" against both servers and get identical results. 

I would assume that ISE is using this command or something similar to verify the existence of the stored procedures. Does anyone know how ISE verifies the stored procedures?

/Mike

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

martin.fischer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @mike.sprinkle 

I had the same issue the last time i installed the iPSK Manager. The issue was that the predefined database user (ipsk-db-user or something similar) which is used during the installation did not have enough access rights on the MySQL database to create the stored procedures. I manually adjusted the access rights of the database user in the MySQL database and did a rerun of the installation of the stored procedures to fix it.

Hi Martin,

I don't believe install rights are this issue in this case. I created an "install" user with full database rights for application installation. I am able to query the database from ISE to get user attributes and groups so I would assume the stored procedures are working. Were you able to pull attributes and groups via ODBC before adjusting the access rights?

Hi @mike.sprinkle 

In my case they were not created and therefore ISE was not able to call them.

I would recommend going into the database and checking whether they are created.

Hi Martin,

Yes, the stored procedures have been created in fact they seem to be working as I can query the database from ISE and get client attributes and groups.

/Mike

Hi Mike,

Have you figured this out ?
Running into the same 'problem', ODBC connection looks fine while it is getting attributes and groups.

Running ISE version: 2.7.0.356
iPSK Manager Database Scheme Version: 2

Hi Laruen,

I have not found a solution. I believe this is a cosmetic error as actual queries to both databases work. However this bothers me not knowing the cause. 

Logging into mysql using the ipsk-ise-user I have run the mysql command "show procedure status where db = 'ipsk';" against both servers and get identical results. 

I would assume that ISE is using this command or something similar to verify the existence of the stored procedures. Does anyone know how ISE verifies the stored procedures?

/Mike

wishtorr33
Level 1
Level 1

I suppose it's miles the information in their software saved within the garage. Ex: c220 servers with windows OS experience power outage for long term to get some authority on store.. The enduser need a documentation that explain the information stored at the disks will now not be corrupted.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: