cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Announcements
Choose one of the topics below to view our ISE Resources to help you on your journey with ISE

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC! We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.
Please see How to Ask the Community for Help for other best practices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Participant

ISE 1.0.4 backup

Hi All,

I have taken backup on ISE  version 1.0.4 application data. When I am restoring it on 1.1.0, it says as below

7 [13168]: backup-restore:history: br_history.c[310] [admin]: added record to history
% The backup file decryption failed. Ensure that you are providing password used at the time of backup.
6 [13168]: backup-restore:restore: br_cli.c[843] [admin]: error message: The backup file decryption failed. Ensure that you are providing password used at the time of backup.

But there is no password I have specified when taking backup in 1.0.4. Can anyone please advise if I am missing something?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

What command are you using to

What command are you using to restore the application backup?

To restore the application data, from the Cisco ISE CLI, enter:

restore backupfilename.tar.gpg repository repositoryname application ise

For more info:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/1-0-4/user_guide/ise104_user_guide/ise10_backup.html#wp1053926

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Jatin Katyal
*Do rate helpful posts*

~Jatin Katyal
Highlighted
Enthusiast

make sure the passwrod you

make sure the passwrod you provided is the same password which you used as this error is for decrypting key

Highlighted
Enthusiast

please check: We recommend

please check: We recommend that you do not change the system timezone after the initial ISE installation and setup.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/1-1/user_guide/ise11_user_guide/ise_backup.html#wp1053926

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

you need to enter a

you need to enter a encryption key when you create a back up