Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 1.1.1 Iphones Guest CWA connection dropouts

Stephen McBride
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I have deployed wireless guest access utilising CWA. I have no posture or client provisioning enabled on the deployment therefore it is a straightforward configuration. In short my issue pertains directly to Iphones (I haven't tested with other mobile devices yet). Basically a laptop connects, gets redirected, authenticates successfully and ultimately can browse the internet and network resources.

With an Iphone I connect, get redirected, authenticate successfully, accept the AUP and finally get a page that says I am connected and should reenter my original URL. At this point I try to open safari by going to the main IPhone GUI, the wireless connection drops and safari falls back to 3G connectivity. I then go back to the wireless connections and click on the SSID which immediately reconnects and allows access based off the orignal connection.

Has anyone experienced this issue and if so what is it related to? Is there a setting or command I am missing on the system or is this yet another case of BYOD device been a pain in the backside with ISE?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jan.nielsen
Level 7
Level 7

Did you test this on iOS6 ? it has a feature that will drop wireless and go to 3G if you are unable to reach www.apple.com/library/test/success.html, i beleive it's called auto-join or something? also recently this page was down at apple, and caused quite a bit of problems for Iphone/Ipad users, maybe thats what you were seeing.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

jan.nielsen
Level 7
Level 7

Did you test this on iOS6 ? it has a feature that will drop wireless and go to 3G if you are unable to reach www.apple.com/library/test/success.html, i beleive it's called auto-join or something? also recently this page was down at apple, and caused quite a bit of problems for Iphone/Ipad users, maybe thats what you were seeing.