Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 1.2 corrupted sponsor portal

Karel Navratil
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

since I started to use ISE sponsor portal it showes me wrongly, see attached screenshot.

SponsorPortal.png

I tried various browsers, but the problem is the same. Other pages are okay, just the main with guest users has problem.

Looks like it happened after upgrade from previous ISE version.

Does anybody know how to fix this?

Thanks and greets

Karel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Karel,

The bug details are as follows:

CSCuj93990  Managed Guest accounts page is not centered

This is yet to be addressed and as per the report it says that this is being addressed in ISE 1.3 version where we are re-designing the Guest feature to improve the performance issues being observed in ISE 1.2 release.

If needs immediate fix for this I would suggest to open a TAC case and request for the fix of this issue in any of the patches on ISE 1.2.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Naresh Ginjupalli
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Karel,

Wrongly you mean here is , it is wrong by design view or some data is not shown correctly . If it is by design then in ISE 1.2 there are changes to the Sponsor / Guest portal to have a better usability.

Thanks,

Naresh

Hi Naresh,

I mean by design, as you can see on smaller resolutions the page is not displayed correctly (not centered, aligned to right), but when I click on create account, the page is showed correctly and content is centered.

I think it's a small bug in html / css code, but very disturbing.

Greets

Karel

Muhammad Munir
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Karel,

As regarding to your query,

These selections will allow guests to change their password, perform self-service, and require

acceptance of a default AUP upon login.

Changed in ISE 1.2: Now that we have the ability to Change Account Duration (discussed later in the lab) the option

to Require guest and internal users to change password at expiration and first login has been updated so that

the guest must change the password when not only first logging in but then also when the expired account has been

reactivated. It’s not being used in this lab so be aware of this option.

Self-service allows any user to generate access credentials without requiring a sponsor to perform this task.

As this is not a sponsored user and any user may create their own account with this policy setting, it is

common to assign self-service guests to an Identity Group with minimal network access privileges such as

“Internet_Only”.

Hi Muhammad,

my question doesn't regard to any function, only page is not displayed correctly ...

Greets

Karel

Naresh Ginjupalli
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Karel,

I am able to see the same behaviour on my ISE sponsor portal page once logged in. I will file a cosmetic defect on this indentation which will address the design issue observed here.

Thanks,

Naresh

Hi Naresh,

many thanks. Where can I downlod the patch for this?

Do you have also idea, why the sponsor portal is sometimes painfully slow when I click on create account?

Greets

Karel

Hi Naresh,

I just installed patch level 3, but seems the problem is still there. Do you have any news?

Thanks!

Greets

Karel

Hi Karel,

The bug details are as follows:

CSCuj93990  Managed Guest accounts page is not centered

This is yet to be addressed and as per the report it says that this is being addressed in ISE 1.3 version where we are re-designing the Guest feature to improve the performance issues being observed in ISE 1.2 release.

If needs immediate fix for this I would suggest to open a TAC case and request for the fix of this issue in any of the patches on ISE 1.2.

Thanks.

Hi Naresh,

thanks for the info. Do you have any aproximate term when ISE 1.3 will be out?

Greets

Karel

Thanks for the correct answer.

Rene S.
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, we're also using ISE 1.2 and I am facing big performance issues when creating new guest accounts. furthermore sometimes the website isn't working..telnet on the sponsor-tcp port isn't successful. After a reboot it works again, but just for a few days. Also this isn't for all clients, we tried it on same configured notebooks and for one client it works, for an other it doen't... it really looks like ISE has something like a internal firewall or some security mechanism, because it looks like it's blocking some IP addresses for no reason... after we changed the IP address on a client, where the page could be opened, the client wasn't able to open the page anymore... is this a known issue?

Hi Renata,

When you say website is not workign, at that point of time did you check if all the services are running on your Primary ISE node ? There are some known issues with Guest services , to validate further we would like to look at logs by enabling sponsorportal and guest components in debug mode and reproduce the issue.

Is your ISE infrastructure upgraded from ISE 1.1.x version ?

Can you try accesing the guests that are not workign by using domain name .

Hi, yes all services were running. I also restarted them to see if this would help, but no change.

Last time we had this event was today, I tried it right now and  suddenly it worked again.. telnet on the sponsor-port was also working  again. Yes we made an upgrade, furthermore we installed patch 5, because  there were some problems with IE/Firefox and displaying some things on  the Admin-Web GUI.

The only thing which is  sometimes not working is the sponsor portal. Guest portal works fine.  There is also something else: I am not able to create bulk imports,  importing a csv is working, but then I only see this page and am not  able to proceed. It looks like there are Buttons missing.. I tried it also with Firefox, but there is more missing..I cannot see the imported content..

But the main probem is the sponsor-page which isn't sometimes working / port seems not to be up, even if its listed when typing "show ports" on CLI

Hi guys,

FYI: the problem is solved. It was caused by wrong ARP entries in our routers. ISE has 3 interfaces(sponsor, admin and guest-interface). Two of them were in the same subnet. ISE sent out two ARP replies (from both interfaces) for the sponsor-ARP request. Router adds the last arp reply.. so in some cases it was the wrong one.. I changed one interface so it is in a different subnet. Since then we had no problems.